Truce – Sales & Marketing Internship - Fall 2018
Objective: Execute Truce Facility Care Sales Outreach Strategy
Here at Truce, we make safe, simple and effective cleaning products. Using just 15 familiar ingredients, our carefully-crafted recipes were created to be outstandingly effective while also being gentle for use around the home and more. With two core product categories – home and facility care - we have a diverse product assortment for virtually any environment.
Above all, Truce is a proud purpose-driven company and our values are the core of our organization. As we continue to grow, we are excited to find new team members that share our common goal of helping people keep harmful chemicals out of their environments, one cleaning product at a time.
Truce is the premiere cleaning product for businesses that truly want the best for their facility, employees and customers. Businesses often have limited options when it comes to the cleaning products they use, and Truce wants to demonstrate our value to them to grab their attention.
A core aspect of our facility care outreach includes fitness centers, including gymnastic facilities, CrossFit gyms, rock climbing facilities, yoga studios, childcare locations and more. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong willingness to learn industry-best practices to develop expanded interest in Truce’s brand and products within these categories.
Truce is seeking a results-driven sales and marketing intern to actively aid the sales team in related duties. The primary responsibility of this role would be to assist with the implementation and execution of Truce’s facility care sales outreach strategy. The candidate will be directly supervised by the Director of Sales and work with key partners to develop and share Truce’s message with this select clientele.
We’ve identified the Key Learning Outcomes of this position to be:
- Understand how to research and determine targeted audiences and create segmented sales lead lists.
- Learn to utilize email marketing software to curate and drive compelling lead-building email campaigns to drive brand education and sales.
- Gain experience communicating with business owners and decision makers within our business categories, via email as well as phone.
- Understand how to increase brand awareness & penetration within our key customer segments.
To obtain these Key Learning Outcomes, Intern will receive training through:
- Working with sales team to develop strategies for sales campaigns and tactics
- Reaching out to potential customers and develop sales leads through cold calling
- Utilizing email marketing software to curate and drive compelling lead-building email campaigns
- Developing reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Expediting the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Proofreading emails for clarity, grammar, and spelling
- Ensuring marketing message is conveyed clearly and delivered properly to prospects
- Creating database of emails for lead generation
- Tracking and analyzing direct and interactive marketing campaigns
- Coordinating and monitoring the maintenance, integrity, and security of several databases
- Accompanying sales team on local, in-person sales calls
- Tracking short-term performance and guiding as needed
This is a part-time, paid internship. Approximate commitment will be 15-20 hours a week
Candidate must be a self-starter and show strong capability to think, act and work independently as a member of a remote team.
Candidate will split time between remote work as well as spending time in our office approximately 3 miles west of ASU Tempe campus.
Please send cover letter, resume and any other relevant experience or information to email@example.com