Here at Truce, we understand that creating a toxin-free home doesn’t happen overnight. We understand you may have many products around the home that you don’t want to just throw away (if you can at all!) As we mentioned in a previous blog post, there are many resources available such as Earth 911 to learn how to dispose of harsh chemical products - but that’s not all! Some products you can repurpose to use in a new, fresh and toxin-free way.
Spray mops are efficient and convenient ways to clean hard flooring surfaces such as tile or hardwood. The downside, however is that you’re forced to use whatever cleaning concoction that fits in the sprayer. Well not anymore! This quick hack shows you how to replace their product with Truce All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate.
- Remove canister from the spray mop. If not empty, dispose of the remaining contents properly.
- Remove top from canister. Ours was on there pretty tight, so we used these channel locks to loosen it up first.
- Rinse out your empty container a few times to ensure its nice and clean
- Add Truce concentrate! Our concentrate blends with water at a 1:4 ratio. For this particular container we used 1 cup (8 fl oz) of concentrate, which equates to half a bottle.
- One last step ! Simply fill the rest of the container with water, spin the top back on and you’re good to go!
- Now just pop the container back into your spray mop!
Making better choices for your family and home can seem like a daunting endeavor, but it doesn’t have to be! By making small adjustments everyday, anybody can make the changes to a more healthy and rewarding lifestyle